Friday, July 19, 2013

DIY Wedding flowers


This has been a busy busy summer! My sister and good friend from high school both got married in the beginning of June. Whenever you have a family wedding it is just so crazy. My sister's wedding was on a budget, so I ended up volunteering to do the flowers.....I don't know what I was thinking!!


It was really a family affair. Below is a picture of my aunt, uncle, and cousin helping out. We used my parents basement as a workshop.




We made short arrangements and tall arrangements. Below are some of the short arrangements we made:
















And here are the tall arrangements. The tall arrangements ended up being my favorite. We used floral foam balls and moss to cover the balls. Then added fern and plumosa for the greenery. I think the Plumosa adds an airy feel that I love. Then we just plugged in white roses.  These ended up being pretty cost efficient. There are maybe 7-10 roses in each one.



To the right on the floor are the bridal bouquets.

another close up of the tall arrangments.




This was one my friend Mary made. So beautiful! She was such a HUGE help with the flowers!









No comments:

Post a Comment