Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lack Ikea Hack in Progress

LACK IKEA HACK!


On my to-do list are some amazing Ikea hacks! I have been reading some blogs for awhile now, and I already have two in progress. Here is one of the two Ikea hacks I have in progress right now!

This project was inspired by Clementine & Olive's nail head table hack---it's a great blog, so go read it!


This is a nail head table from Clayton Gray it has a price tag of $455---ouch!!!


This is an Ikea Lack table it has a price tag of a whopping $7

 

You buy two lack tables and use two of the top pieces to make a top and a bottom like this:

PHOTO TO COME LATER












This is a picture from Clementine & Olive this is her Ikea hack finished! She did such a great job!! I LOVE her style.


Mine is still in progress, I have the two tables put together, but I must admit I have been struggling with it because I didn't read the fine print that she glued the tables together. I tried to screw them together and it's been super frustrating. I hope to finish it by the end of this week!...I'm in Jury duty now so hopefully I will get out early and have the time ;) 

I think she hammered in the individual nails, but I think I may buy nail-head trim from Hancock Fabrics. I think it may be easier. I have attempted this project on a brown lack table and I didn't finish it....here it is: I could probably do it by hand, but I think the frustration of trying to space them evenly and hammer straight would get to me by the end, so I'm going to try to buy the trim this week.



this is the nail head trim I am going to try on my white lack table. It looks much easier than the individual nails I have been hammering on the brown tables.....
LACK HACK 4


Then I found this picture:
Pretty neat...I wonder if i could try something like this!!


I will have to post my picture after I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment