Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reupholstered Chairs

DIY Reupholstered Chairs




                                   


For those of you who don't know me, I love thrifting. I love getting good deals and I love refinishing furniture. 

I found these chairs at a thrift store for $2.50 each. Right when I saw them I knew they would be easy to recover, and if they didn't work out I figured I didn't really have much to loose except $10 for four chairs. Such a good deal. I'm still smiling about it as I'm typing right now.


Now, don't get me wrong, they are quite ugly in their current state. But I saw great potential in these cheap chairs!

I removed the cushions as you see in the chair on the far right. 

I chose some fabric, I got this at Old time pottery for $3.99/ yard. I wasn't sure how it would hold up, but I just decided to go for it.


Next I sanded the wood on the chairs to make them look "distressed." They were already pretty banged up, so I figured I'd try to make it look like it was on purpose


Next I stretched the fabric on the chair cushion and stapled it with a staple gun. It's so easy even a cave man could do it!
AFTER:







No comments:

Post a Comment